Charter provides advice, consulting and training services so that our clients are able to meet their customs, import and export compliance obligations. Charter’s staff includes experienced customs attorneys, licensed brokers and trade professionals who are recognized experts in customs and export matters. Our personnel routinely and frequently present on these topics at trade and industry symposia and conferences. Charter makes its expertise, knowledge and experience available to clients both on a transaction-by-transaction basis and in a more formal manner by assisting in the implementation of processes and procedures designed to meet compliance best practices identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Charter personnel worked with CBP to design the Importer Self-Assessment Program, and we have assisted several companies in their successful applications for that program. We understand the expectations of CBP concerning compliance, and we assist clients in this area in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Charter’s import and export consulting services include:
• On-site Training
• Duty Preference Programs and Free-Trade Agreements
• Import Compliance
• Importer Self-Assessment (ISA)
• Audits, Request for Information or Investigations
• Duty Drawback
• Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZ)
• Bonded Warehouses
• Export Compliance
• Export Licensing
In the petroleum area, Charter has particular expertise in:
• Tariff classification of distillates, including motor fuels.
• Valuation and appraisement of petroleum and chemical products
• Eligibility under NAFTA and other free-trade agreements and special duty programs
• Application of the drawback law to petroleum and petrochemical imports and exports
Moreover, numerous industries have recognized the need for these services, including bulk commodities, food and beverage, wine and spirits, metals, machinery and equipment and others. Charter is pleased to provide services to companies in these and other industries.