Charter facilitates the prompt and efficient clearance of imported and exported goods into and from foreign-trade zones and bonded warehouse terminals. In fact, Charter is the premier provider of customs services in support of Free Trade Zone (FTZ) and bonded warehouse terminal operations for the supply of “foreign-status” jet fuel to domestic and international carriers in the U.S. Our services include documentation, inventory tracking, record keeping, reporting and audit support.
With over 20 years of experience, Charter works with its clients, as well as FTZ operators and bonded warehouse proprietors to understand business operations. We then determine the best approach to operational procedures and necessary filings to meet CBP requirements. Charter also facilitates the prompt and efficient clearance of goods into and withdrawn from foreign trade zones and bonded warehouse terminals.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Application and activation to establish and maintain FTZ and Bonded Warehouse operations with U.S. Customs and Border Protection;
- Minor Boundary Modifications for established FTZ’s;
- Compliance Review Services;
- Maximization of the benefits of exemption from duties and taxes;
- Electronic filings meeting CBP requirements at all U.S. Customs ports for:
- Zone Admissions/Withdrawals
- In-bond Shipments
- Bonded Warehouse Entries/Withdrawals
- Consultation services to ensure compliance with CBP FTZ regulations;
- Review of the pros and cons of specific operational scenarios to preserve tax-exemption benefits;
- Inventory Control and Recordkeeping System services with proprietary system to support storage terminals and bonded warehouse facilities.
Charter’s clients consist of various fortune 500 clients including several major petroleum and airline companies.
FTZ & Jet Fuel Services
Under federal law, jet fuel in “foreign-status” is exempt from duties and from state and local sales and excise taxation. “Foreign-status” jet fuel refers to jet fuel that is imported under customs bond without the payment of duty for use on aircraft engaged in international or other qualified flights. The term also refers to jet fuel produced in a domestic petroleum refinery that has been designated as a foreign-trade zone. Foreign-status fuel is routinely stored in foreign-trade zones or bonded warehouse terminals until withdrawn for use on qualified flights. We facilitate the admission and movement of foreign-status and bonded petroleum and petrochemical products in the U.S. and its territories and possessions.
Charter maintains a proprietary Fuel Inventory Tracking System (FITS) that enables it to collect, maintain and process data related to the receipt, storage and use of foreign-status jet fuel as well as generate the records and reports needed for customs compliance. Charter’s clients consist of major U.S. and foreign airlines, major U.S. petroleum companies that supply jet fuel and the airport consortia that are owned by the airlines and operate jet fuel storage and delivery facilities at and adjacent to major airports.
Compliance with the complex and detailed laws and regulations administered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection is necessary to maintain foreign status, thereby preserving the tax exemption benefit afforded foreign-status jet fuel.
In addition to offering universal documentation, inventory tracking, record keeping, reporting and audit support, we provide the following services specific to this type of operation:
- Compliance with the complex, detailed U.S. Customs laws and regulations, which is necessary to maintain foreign status and preserve the tax exemption benefit afforded foreign-status jet fuel.
- Maximization of the benefits of exemption from duties and taxes for foreign-status petroleum products.
- Facilitation of the recovery of Harbor Maintenance Fees and federal oil-spill taxes paid when admitting foreign-status jet fuel. These fees and taxes are exempt and recoverable when admitted fuel is exported via qualified flights.
- Facilitation of the withdrawal of foreign and bonded-warehouse petroleum products for domestic consumption.